“unique bed and breakfast retreat”
Peaceful Oaks Bed Breakfast and Barn is a unique bed and breakfast retreat and barn rental venue located in Madison County – about 15 minutes from Jackson, Tennessee's I-40. Situated on 36 secluded wooded acres, Peaceful Oaks Bed Breakfast and Barn is a perfect country getaway to give you that middle-of-nowhere feel but also the convenience to nearby area attractions like shopping, golfing, parks, restaurants and historic sites in the surrounding communities. From the beautiful surroundings, to the roomy accommodations and the delicious breakfasts, you'll find Peaceful Oaks Bed Breakfast and Barn offers everything you need to relax and unwind from the stresses of life. Some guests have even called Peaceful Oaks "a little patch of heaven."
What a wonderful experience. We came across Peaceful Oaks in hopes of finding a reasonably priced place to rest along our journey from Texas to Connecticut, but we received so much more. Johnnie and Chris are amazing people and show the true meaning of southern hospitality. We stayed in the couples sweet for one night and received way more than we expected. From the beautiful view and luxurious sweet, to the delicious home cooked breakfast in the morning, Peaceful Oaks is a must for weary travelers, couples, and families looking for a quiet retreat.
Although we did not hold a wedding here we did rent the entire property which including the loft suite that is housed in the wedding barn. You should also know that the majority of the positive reviews are mostly dated and this needed to be posted so folks have a current review to base their decision on.
This should get your attention “BED BUGS”!!!
My wife and I had stayed here before and enjoyed the stay immensely, so when our plans with the family changed this year, we were thrilled to see this was available. We initially booked 3 nights and only two suites, then the next day contacted management and booked the 3rd suite and extended the stay one night. (2 of our older daughters and partners and 2 of our grandchildren, 8 total).
Too many details to list, however some negative highlights here.
• Pool guy shows up unannounced asking us to exit the pool so he could electrify it to check for leaks WHAT? He states “27 holes patched not even sure how this is holding water”
• Lori stated she cleans intensely and apologized for smelling of bleach. There was no smell of bleach on her or any clean scent in the suites.
• Lori stated she takes COVID seriously and yet never wore a mask and when coughing in our presence stated, “it is OK it is not COVID” WHAT?
• Spent most of our time outside and still managed to have 3 of us bitten by bedbugs and my grandson severely bitten with dozens of BED BUG bites covering his entire body.
• We confirmed these were BED BUG bites on our Thursday outing and informed Lori immediately that we would be leaving the property as quickly as possible upon our return.
• I asked management to meet us at the property as my daughter in fact did find a live and a dead BED BUG in the bedding of one of downstairs suites, eggs on the living room couch, blood specks, and black markings indicative of BED BUGS on the sheets, we gave the bugs to management. Management was simply deflective and dismissive and stated they feel these are chiggers or ticks and would have to verify.
• There was no real concern and to be candid management statements and reaction were that of someone who knew there was an issue. Management never once asked to go into the suite and see anything to support our claim. Instead of showing any empathy they asked why we did not bring this up sooner and not the last night!!! REALLY? We should be responsible for ensuring sanitation and the well-being as a guest?
• While getting our items together to leave and trying to prevent taking BED BUGS home we realized just how unkept this property is.
• Mouse Droppings on pantry shelving, stained cushions, stains on hot tub, ripped pool cushions, various bugs in the carpeted areas, under couch completely uncleaned, it goes on and on. And WAIT another “LIVE BED BUG” left for management.
To add insult to injury management not once offered anything (not even conversation) after we met to show them the BED BUGS, the next morning I texted to follow up as to how this impacted us and see what their next steps would be. We have not received any communication and have been billed in full for this stay that was completely disappointing and has left us with both physical and emotional issues to contend with.
Be the first to add a review to the Peaceful Oaks Bed Breakfast & Barn.
Peaceful Oaks Bed Breakfast & Barn
Hours not available
Problem with this listing? Let us know.
Credit Cards Accepted