Steak is a little tough, but I really liked the casual atmosphere and service.
So I saw signs for Meteor Crater on the highway when heading to the Grand Canyon and thought, “Meteor Crater??? I’ve never seen a Meteor Crater!” Would have been just fine not seeing it and have $18 more in my pocket. Pretty restricted on where you can go unless you purchase the tour ticket. I pretty much went in looked at Big Crater for 5 minutes and left. If you have kids you might be able to stretch that time by going through their small little museum.
Short Rundown: Cool to see. Not worth the price of admission.
Beautiful park with the most friendly people! Plenty of trails to choose from along with a 8 mile scenic drive through the desert mountains. National Park Rating : ⭐️⭐️⭐️ out of 5 Stars.
• Easy to access
• Clearly marked trails
• Beautiful Cactus and Mountain Views
• Stay in Tucson, AZ and be 20-30 minutes away from the park
• Super hot in the summer so this will shorten your hikes or add water to your pack
• Horses use trails as bathrooms — Watch your step
• Small visitor center and gift shop
Explored the Petrified Forest National Park this weekend. The stone petrified wood and painted desert mounds give the park a unique look. Walking through painted desert is somewhat difficult because of the lack of trails and signs, but the scenic drive around the forest provides all of the sights and views visitors are looking for. National Park Rating: ⭐️⭐️ out of 5.
• Scenic Drive 28 mile loop drive
• Uniqueness — “Painted Desert” and Petrified Wood (Stone that looks like wood)
• Visitors Center: Full up on gas, eat lunch, get souvenirs, friendly park employees, plenty of education areas for children
• Hiking — Not the best place for hiking. Any trail that goes down in the forest is unmarked and can easily lead hikers to off trail areas
• Kind of boring, no wow factor!
• Did not see any wildlife
Very awesome drive through the Arizona Mountains. Extremely curvy and swervy, but plenty of spots to pull over and take in the gorgeous views of this one of a kind universal creation. Definitely not something you see everyday!
Great place to get Hikesy. Lots of trails with beautiful creeks and great views of the Smoky Mountains. Make sure you double up on socks and wear good hiking shoes because the best trails are extremely steep and rocky. Love you guys! - Berndog