“America's Greatest History Attraction”
Discover America’s Greatest History Attraction. Here, once in a lifetime is waiting around every corner. And never before seen is seen by millions. It’s where the extraordinary happens every day. This is a place like no other. The only place. The Henry Ford. Located in Dearborn, The Henry Ford includes Henry Ford Museum, Greenfield Village, Ford Rouge Factory Tour and The Henry Ford IMAX Theater.
I was blown away by the Henry Ford. One of the best museums I have been to anywhere. We didn't have nearly enough time here, next time I'd like to take a full day. It could easily be a really FULL day or possibly two. I don't know where to start explaining the awesomeness of this place. Well, here are a few of the amazing things on show:
- A model of the Ford Nucleon - A Ford concept NUCLEAR POWERED CAR!!!
- Buckminster Fuller's prototype Dymaxion house. If you are into mid-century architecture (or anything retro and awesome!) then this is a must visit alone!
- The Rosa Parks Bus!
- Thomas Edison's last breath in a glass test-tube! (Thomas and Henry were bros)
- The Fokker Trimotor airplane that took the first flight over the North Pole
- The Chair Lincoln was shot in!
- The car JFK was shot in!! (not to mention several other amazing presidential cars)
- Greenfield Village, which is a huge outdoor village (that we drove around in a Model T!) full of original (and famous) American buildings from the past three centuries, moved here to create a showcase of American life since the founding.
- The Wright brothers' bicycle shop from
- The Vought-Sikorsky VS-300 - One of the earliest succesful helicopters. Helicopters are so cool!
And loads more besides all that, tons of regular events, an IMAX cinema and so on. MUST VISIT!!
Unbelievable museum, particularly if you're a gearhead. This place will blow your mind, but you have GOT to plan a full day around it.
There's more than just "car stuff" here too, though, like the chair that Lincoln was assassinated in. Actually, if you're into death tourism, this place doesn't disappoint.. they even have the limo that Kennedy was killed in as well.
Oh my goodness!! What can you say about the Henry Ford! My husband had been here many years ago - and could remember some things about his visit, but WOW ... the museum itself is overwhelming and there are SO many interesting and unique things to discover EVERYWHERE ... We opted to do the Museum and Greenfield Village tour package - skipping the Factory tour. You could easily plan a two or three day weekend to just actually spend time seeing everything there is in the museum let alone wandering the streets of Greenfield Village. We will be making another trip to The Henry Ford just to make sure we didn't miss anything. What a gem of a place!
Great museum and is a must see by everyone! Make sure you wear comfortable shoes!
One of a kind. Very unique and highly underrated.
This place was awesome! All of the different attractions blew me away! Definitely could spend multiple days there!
The Henry Ford is the most amazing museum that I have ever been to! We have year round passes and we never get bored. Check their calendar for lots of special events! You can't go wrong!!!
Great parking. Set aside at least 2 days to see everything. This place is huge! Kinda pricey because everything is a separate ticket; although they do have bundles. Must see...so much history.
Went here about a year ago and it is fantastic. Best museum ever. You gotta go !
Provides a fascinating history of the evolution of planes, trains and automobiles. Seems the exhibits don't change much, but they're super engaging and interesting and the building itself is really cool!
Be the first to add a review to the The Henry Ford.
The Henry Ford
- Sun - Sat: 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Is there a problem with this listing? Let us know.
Credit Cards Accepted
Own or Manage This Location?
Claim this listing to keep your
information up to date.