“Bask in the Celtic Hospitality!”
Cindy‘ Werner has always had a passion for Victorian homes and feels grateful to share her exceptional home with others. She purchased the Fredrickson House" in 2003. and after completing the necessary renovations to accommodate it's use as "Innisfree B & B". she is thoroughly enjoying her new adventure as "Keeper of the Inn". Cindy"s love of gardening. and fondness for reading and antiques. are evident in the beautiful grounds surrounding lnnisfree B&B. Many shelves filled with books. antique f umiture. and family heirlooms. com- bined with Cindy’s personal charm. love of conversa- tion. good food. and passion for everything Irish. make this magnificent home a home to all. Innisfree's mascot is Cindy's little dog Kerry. named after the County Ken'y in Ireland. As the official guest gneeter". she is a wonderful addition to Innis- free and the guests adore her! Although very tiny in stature. she has oodles of love to share! She invites you to "Come stay a while..." and bask in the warm of genuine Celtic hospitality at lnnisfree B&B.
Pros: Great central location in South Bend.
- Easy to get to with good parking.
- Very pretty home with unique antiques.
- Large third floor to accommodate families.
Cons: uneven heating (very hot downstairs but cold on third floor).
- Odd arrangement of shower/bath but folding screens were available to use for privacy.
- No room key available to look the room when you leave - only locked from the inside.
- The daybed that one of my children slept on only had blankets & a fitted sheet, no top sheet.
- The weekday "continental breakfast" was very disappointing. Partially full or nearly empty cereal containers, plain bagels, hard-boiled eggs, two individual containers of yogurt, two packaged fruit bars, an undercooked coffee cake, and lots of juice boxes. We ended up buying our own breakfast at a grocery store. As another reviewer said, we've had better continental breakfasts at a hotel for much cheaper.
Overall the house is pretty & the location is great. I can't speak to the weekend breakfasts so that might be great too. It's the attention to detail that really killed this deal for us. Having sufficient breakfast food available for a family of 5 is what the expectation was. Full cereal containers, more yogurt, more fruit bars, and cream cheese for the bagels would have been a bare minimum. Even store-bought pastries or donuts set out on a nice plate would have elevated the continental breakfast on par with or slightly above a Best Western.
Looking at the other reviews, a weekend stay might be great. Try it out. However I would recommend against a weekday stay. Save your money & stay at a hotel.
Be the first to add a review to the Innisfree B & B.
Innisfree B & B
- Sun - Sat: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Problem with this listing? Let us know.
Credit Cards Accepted