Sequoia National Park is one of America’s most incredible national parks. It was established way back in 1890 by men who had the foresight to recognize this was truly one of America’s most beautiful national treasures. Here are 11 reasons why you simply MUST visit Sequoia National Park this summer.
1. A whopping 84% of Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks is only accessible by foot or on horseback. How badass is that?!
2. Three words: High Sierra Trail.
3. You can drive through a tree log tunnel.
4. Stand on Moro Rock and contemplate the wonders of life…or just instagram the crap out of the insane view of the Continental Divide from 6,725ft.
5. Parts of Ang Lee’s 2003 film, Hulk were filmed here!
8. Have one of the best picnics of your life at Crescent Meadow (AKA the “Gem of the Sierras”).
9. Explore the park’s Native American roots at Hospital Rock.
10. Visit Tharp’s Log, the first European homestead built out of a hollowed out Giant Sequoia. And you thought your treehouse was cool!
11. Go caving! Crystal Cave is 3.4 miles of geological awesomeness.
High Sierra Trail: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Kaweah_downValley.jpg
Crystal Cave: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:CrystalCave_vgane.JPG
Great Western Divide: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Great_Western_Divide.jpg
President Tree: http://travelswithtwinkles.blogspot.com/2013/05/three-rivers-and-big-trees.html
All Other Photos: Shutter Stock