“Walk the tracks, picnic on the beach, swim in the bay or just sit in solitude surrounded by rare and endangered birds, flora and fauna.”
Remote yet accessible, soak up the beauty, hear the stories of the Ngati Toa Maori people from our world class guides, spot whales in season, watch sea birds and native birds in their natural environment.
What you get:
- Exciting 20-minute boat ride from Paraparaumu Beach through the Kapiti Marine Sanctuary to Kapiti Island – Launch off the beach in our purpose-built boat.
- Arrive on the isolated stunningly beautiful Rangatira point or north end.
- 30-minute presentation at the Doc centre where you learn about the natural history of Kapiti Island, ecology of the island stories of the Ngati Toa Rangitira and the story of sustainability.
- See rare and endangered birds in their natural environment, birds found nowhere else in the world, hear their bird song.
- Wander through the tracks up to the bird feeding station, carry on up and summit the trig to see a breath taking 360 Deg views of Kapiti and Tasman sea.
- Picnic on the beach swim in the Bay, Kapiti Marine Sanctuary.
- Each trip contributes to buying a predator trap to be donated to a predator eradication program to help save our native birds on the mainland.
Guided walks are also available. Spend the first hour after the Introductory talk with a guide who will help you find and identify the birds and their calls, point out and explain the special bush features on the island and discuss more of the Islands history. Only $15 per person and limited to 10 people per guide.
Be the first to add a review to the Kapiti Island Eco Experience.
Kapiti Island Eco Experience
- Sun - Sat: 7:00 am - 8:00 pm
Problem with this listing? Let us know.
Credit Cards Accepted